This book, by Julie Morgenstern reviews some reasons that people have trouble with "organizing". It helps the reader identify where he or she has systems that work and gives advice for addressing the areas that aren't working.
One of the techniques in Organizing from the Inside Out: The Foolproof System for Organizing Your Home, Your Office, and Your Life is identified by the acronym SPACE:
- Assign a home
- (Chapter 5)
After describing the SPACE, the book covers ways to apply it to a variety of situations.
A sub-set of the contents:
- Introduction: The Most Important Organizing Book You'll Ever Read
- Part One * Laying the Foundation
- 1. A New Way of Looking at Organizing
- 2. What's Holding You Back?
- Part Two * Secrets of a Professional Organizer
- 3. Analyze: Taking Stock
- 4. Strategize: Creating a Plan of Action
- 5. Attack: Gettinng the Job Done
- Part Three * Applying What You've Learned
- Part Four * Tackling Time and Technology
- Appendix A: Resources for Organizing Products
- Appendix B: Suggested Further Reading
In contrast, a different perspective on organization and chaos is provided in A Perfect Mess: The Hidden Benefits of Disorder.