Starting a new page on Wikia takes only a couple of clicks and is an important part of contributing to a community.
Step by step
- Click on the "Contribute" button on top right of your wikia. Here you will be presented with a dropdown menu where you will see a link to "Add a Page".
- The "Create a new article" box will open.
- You can choose the article name by typing it in the box. This name will become the last part of the page's URL.
- Decide between a standard page layout or a blank page. The standard layout provides image and video placeholders as well as section headings. The preload contents for the "Standard layout" are stored at
MediaWiki:Createpage-with-videoon your wikia and can be edited by local admins.
- A second way to create a page is by clicking on any red link on your wikia (which can be created by linking to a page that does not exist). You will then be brought into the editor where you can add your content.
The "Editing" tab of Special:Preferences includes options for page creation:
- Use a blank page as default for creating a new page - this makes the 'Blank page' option the default on the 'Create a new article' box.
- Disable "Create a new article" flow - if checked, this disables the box for you.
Further help and feedback
Retrieved from "http://literature.wikia.com/wiki/Help:New_page"