A Series of Unfortunate Events, written by Daniel Handler under the pseudonym Lemony Snicket and illustrated by Brett Helquist, is comprised of thirteen novels. Originally Handler did not want to write the series, but after being asked by harpers Collins to write the book he would most liked to have read when he was ten, he set to work on the series, although it ended up more suitable for eleven to twelve year olds
When the Baudelaire siblings' parents are killed in a fire, they are sent to live with Count Olaf. Much to the dismay of the children, Olaf wishes to rob them of their Considerable family fortune, throughout the series he attempts to do this in many ways, The series ends with the death of Olaf due to fungus on a deserted island, A year later the children, also on the island, return to civilization.
Titles in the series
- The Bad Beginning
- The Reptile Room
- The Wide Window
- The Miserable Mill
- The Austere Academy
- The Ersatz Elevator
- The Vile Village
- The Hostile Hospital
- The Carnivorous Carnival
- The Slippery Slope
- The Grim Grotto
- The Penultimate Peril
- The End
A Book Review on A Series of Unfortunate Events By Angela Jester age 11
- A Series Of Unfortunate Events is a series of 13 books in which three clever orphans use all their skills to battle an evil man named Count Olaf who wants to steal the enormous fortune their parents left behind.Violet,the oldest,is an amazing inventor; Klaus,the only boy, remembers everthing he reads. Sunny,the baby,has super sharp teeth.
- This books are mystery and adventure books. There is much tension and distress.But there is also adventure, mystery, and danger. The children are almost always running away from something. Some people hate these books, some people love them. It depends on your personality. The series is slightly odd and confusing.
- I would say ages 10-14 year-olds would enjoy these books the most. It is just not the right book for a 5-year-old to enjoy.
- The author is spectacular. He connects with the reader and tells about his own life throughout the books.
- If you like danger, mystery, and adventure, you should like this series. I loved them. The books are so thrilling that you can hardly put them down. If you would like to try them out, go to your library website and look under Lemony Snicket or The Bad Beginning.[The first book of the series].I hope this book review will help you decide if these are the right books for you.